Quantcast

Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

dancorcal dancorcal

Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

DH,

I see that you use ThinkorSwim for your charting, are you also using them as your future's broker? If not, What is the best platform and broker to use in your opinion.
hsm hsm

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

Most of us in here use the infinity futures platform to trade the ES/YM. They have low margin requirements, a great platform (Infinity AT) and commissions in my experience are negotiable. I think DH has a link for them somewhere on his website. If interested in a demo you can contact Steven Haens at Infinity futures and he will hook you up for a free 30 days demo....I think DH and some others use Matt as a broker as well. Hope this helps.
forenxe forenxe

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I don`t know which are the rates of Infinity but what do you think about MBT?
http://www.mbtrading.com/commissions.aspx?page=Futures#
markserbian markserbian

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I just started using the Trade Center Pro platform (Open e Cry) and like the feel of it.  There are EasyLanguage plugins available all over the place (or so I've been told).  The broker has been quite helpful and the commissions are reasonable.
paul paul

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

There is another platform called proedgetrader and they modified the open e cry platform but added historical data  and custom indicators and they have a demo also. Lions Futures is the broker and they're not bad on commissions.
Rudder Rudder

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

How do you get T.O.S. charts if you are not trading with them?  Can you open a stock account for a minimum amount and still get real time emini futures data and charts for free?  if so, what is the minimim account size?
Thanks!
topfuelfan topfuelfan

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I'm sure you already figured  something out but here's what I  did.
Open a demo type accout with T.O.S.  Once you have it all up and running you will sone figure out that you are not on "real time" but delayed quotes.
Set up a banking account transfer link.  A few test deposits will go through for confirmation.  Just follow the instuctions.  It takes a couple days or so.  Then call up T.O.S. and ask to be on real time.  I  called to see if there was a minimum deposit and was told that I could be put into real time quotes.  Yippie !  I only have $25. in my account  shhhh :-)
DonewithFX DonewithFX

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I think Paul is a broker for Lionsfutures.com, LOL! nice plug Paul, I caught you ;)
Robbie Robbie

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

Anyone have Matt's email address at Infinity?

Thanks,

- Robbie
IR2Bad IR2Bad

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I've been debating about going with Infinity or Lions.  For those of you with either, how good are your fills?  I've been testing the Infinity AT platform and it seems like the fills are not good.  I didn't know if it might just be because I'm on the demo account or if a live account is just as bad.  All my trades are normally placed in advance with limit orders and while I know that limit orders are not always filled if it hits your limit, I've always had my order go through if it ticks at least 1 tick past my limit on TOS.  On Infinity, it misses my fill going 1 tick past lots of times.  It actually has to go 2 ticks past sometimes to fill.  My entries are so precise that 2 ticks past my entry could be the difference in getting in a trade or not.

The Lions Futures demo account seems to fill much better, either at my limit or at least when it hits 1 tick past.  The software is definately way more advanced but their commissions are higher than what I was quoted at Infinity.  I haven't contacted them yet to see if they would match.

I just wanted to see what experiences you've had with either.  Thanks for any comments.
aka Zig aka Zig

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

IR I know that the demo account will give you the worst fills. Price has to move past your order to get a fill. Therefore if you are successful on paper you should do better trading live.
otherbφb otherbφb

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

IR talk to the broker or your Rep. again,,  I got quoted the same at both brokers that you mentioned....

Without getting into any "bashing",,,,,,   all I have to say is, I cant be happier with Lions!
andy andy

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I have heard that the fills are harder to get on the demo for a reason to help you with trading when you are starting out to make things harder on you. The live software is not like that.
IR2Bad IR2Bad

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

Thanks for the responses.  Looks like Lions is going to price match the commission so I think I'm going with Lions.
DarkTrades DarkTrades

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

The gentleman that set me up with a demo account at infinity explained that the demo account is more pessimistic and therefore a little harder to make money with.  He said it was designed that way so as not to mislead potential traders.  I prefer that over a demo account that is going to fool me into believing that trading is easier than it actually is.
AlexLutiera AlexLutiera

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I would also like to know of what is the best platform and brokers which would be very convenient for all traders? Thank you!!!
aj7harrison aj7harrison

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

What ever you chose, Kindly take note of few step before final selection.

Some firms provide real time quote for lifetime while others provide the real time quotes free initially and then lesser quotes after each executed trade. Many a times the firms delay quotes and charge them monthly. Customer service should be good, they must update account after each order completion etc.
john john

Re: Best Platform and Broker to Trade the Emini

I had the same experience with infinity, TOS paper executed much faster than infinity putting on trades simutaneously. I'm still looking myself. I like using the studies i have on TOS, but their difinitely to high on futures commisions and margins required for future trading.